Crypto Betting Weekly: 26 Feb 2021

Contents

Hello and welcome to yet another issue of Crypto Betting Weekly. This week bitcoin comes out as top dog in the crypto gambling world and we’ve got a few hot soccer games for you to keep an eye on.

SoftSwiss report shows crypto gambling tripled in 2020

A fresh report from the popular gaming aggregator SoftSwiss has shown that crypto gambling tripled in 2020 when compared to 2019. Government currency gambling establishments also reported great growth thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic, but crypto betting blew those numbers out of the water.

According to the report, crypto gambling sites running on SoftSwiss’ platform saw 90% of players using bitcoin, with the other 10% spread out between various other cryptocurrencies, including ethereum, litecoin and dogecoin.

All gambling sites saw a noticeable uptick in player numbers thanks to the pandemic, so it will be interesting to see the results for 2021 to see if the trend towards cryptocurrency gambling is still on the increase or if it was just a byproduct of the COVID-19 situation.

Get paid early at Stake

We’ve seen some of the biggest names in the soccer world leading until the final minutes then throwing the game away in the dying seconds. Nothing kills a great weekend of soccer action like a late goal, but Stake (review, American bettors are geo-blocked) has a solution.

Stake is now paying out winning bets at the 60-minute mark, provided you made the bet before kickoff. Whether the team you backed goes on to win, lose or draw, you still get paid out a winner!

The bet has to be a single bet on a team to win in the 1×2 market that’s participating in the English Premier League (EPL), Bundesliga or UEFA Champions League. If the game is a draw at the 60-minute mark, the promotion becomes void. The max win in this promotion is capped at $100.

You can stream all Bundesliga matches at Stake, meaning you can keep an eye on your bets at no extra cost!

Weekend bets to keep an eye on

Goals, goals, goals

Brest vs Monaco over 2.5 goals at odds of 1.582

Monaco versus Brest promises goals. The hosts have the highest average goals per game (3.5) in Ligue 1, with their opponents ranking third (3.31). Over 2.5 goals has occurred in 81% of Monaco’s 2020/21 league matches and 73% of Brest’s. Odds at an implied probability of 63.2% offer good value.

Western Sydney vs Adelaide over 2.5 goals at odds of 1.73

Western Sydney have scored 2 or more goals in their last 4 matches. They face Adelaide at the weekend who have conceded 2 or more goals in their last 4 matches. The last 3 meetings between the 2 have produced 16 goals (5-2, 3-2 and 3-1) and this bet would have landed in the last 6 iterations. The odds have an implied probability of 58%, making it well worth keeping an eye on.

The injuries continue to pile up…

Sheffield United vs Liverpool Sheffield Utd +1.5 handicap at odds of 1.726

Liverpool are in a bad place. A lengthy list of injuries was made worse as captain Jordan Henderson hobbled off the pitch against Everton. The Reds were playing Henderson as a makeshift center-back to cover injuries, meaning they’ll have to delve deeper into their roster. Since Jan 1st, Liverpool have won once, losing 6. Opponents, Sheffield Utd, have picked up 9 of their 11 Premier League points this calendar year. This is by no means a walkover.

Finally a good option for UK bettors

Bitsler-homepage

UK punters can breathe a sigh of relief as there is finally a good crypto sportsbook that accepts them. Out of the 10 sportsbooks that we review, Bitsler (review, American bettors are geo-blocked) is one of only 3 that accepts players from the UK and it’s by far the best of the bunch.

Bitsler comes with daily free bets, top-notch customer support and a very reasonable overround of 5.25%. The mobile site works well, but if you really want market depth and detailed game analytics, the desktop site is where you need to be.

Bitsler is definitely worth checking out if you’re in the UK and want to bet with your crypto.

Get Crypto Betting Weekly in your inbox every Friday!

We guarantee 100% privacy, your information will not be shared.

The other way to be alerted about new editions is to follow us on Twitter.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.

EXCLUSIVE BONUSES

Only on BitEdge!

  • Free bets
  • Free spins
  • Free rolls
  • Deposit matches
Get crypto bonuses

Settings