We evaluate anonymous end-to-end crypto sportsbooks on a number of objective pre-defined criteria. We keep personal opinion to a minimum and use measurable and verifiable facts.
Here are the criteria we score sportsbooks on, a definition of 10/10 performance and examples of things that cause sportsbooks to lose points.
Min-bet and max-bet
For consistency we use the highest max-bet and the lowest min-bet we can find with odds close to even money.
User interface and user experience elements such as
- Intuitive design.
- Clear navigation.
- Layout and clarity of things like betting history and account settings.
- Site speed.
A 10/10 sportsbook has easy navigation, logical layout, intuitive settings, is easy to bet on and loads in under 3 seconds. We test all of this on desktop and mobile.
We use GTmetrix for site speed tests. The average speed of all crypto sportsbooks is 11.08 seconds and the fastest is Cloudbet (review, bettors in the must use a VPN) at 8.1 seconds. This website loads in 3 seconds, thanks for asking!
Points are lost for things like intrusive casino adds, your preferences not being remembered, disorganized lists of markets, confusing bet slips and page load times over 5 seconds.
10/10 is given to whichever crypto sportsbook has the best odds. Other sportsbooks lose 1 point for every half % of overround they have above the sportsbook with the best odds.
For example, at the time of edit
Range of bets
There are 2 elements in this rating
- The range of sports, leagues and events available to bet on.
- The range of different bet types and betting markets available per event.
A 10/10 sportsbook offers odds on everything from water polo to chess and horse racing. They offer dozens of different bet types from first player to score a 3 pointer in a basketball game to how many corners each team will take in the second half of a soccer game.
We look for reliable in play betting specific features like
- Live scores
- Video streams
- Cashout buttons to automatically trade out of all bets on a market.
Sportsbooks loose points if betting is unavailable too often during an in play betting event
There are 3 transaction types we look at
- Is it possible to generate a new address for every deposit?
- Number of confirmations you have to wait before you can bet.
- Wait time.
- Player to player transfers.
A 10/10 sportsbook provides deposits, withdrawals and player to player transfers for any amount, instantly, with 1 confirmation betting available.
Sportsbooks lose points if
- Deposits require multiple confirmations before you can bet.
- Withdrawals are not-instant.
- There is no way to generate a new address for every transaction.
- There is no player to player transfer available.
There are 3 elements to this rating
- What channels customer service is available though.
- The speed of replies from customer service.
- The accuracy of replies from customer service.
A 10/10 sportsbook has 24/7 live chat support with operators who are knowledgeable about crypto sports betting and their sportsbook. Email customer service answers question in less than an hour, with the correct information. Customer service is also offered via social media.
Points are lost by things like giving incorrect information, slow response time to emails, undertrained staff and only having 1 method of contact available.
Privacy, security and transparency
There are 2 main elements to this rating
- How much personal information do they require? The less the better.
- Is 2 factor authentication available?
A 10/10 sportsbook allows fully anonymous accounts without requiring an email address. Sportsbooks lose points
- For every piece of information they require on signup.
- If 2 factor authentication is not available.
Combines all of the above elements plus things like feedback we have received from real bettors, fun factor, trustworthiness, positive input to the crypto community and if a sportsbook’s bonuses are worth taking.