Permanent full time leadership role with flexible schedule and autonomous self management. Immediate start available.
What you will work on
You will lead a team of web developers and data engineers working on BitEdge and related sites including a new odds comparison site based on the BitEdge odds comparisons.
Roles and responsibilities
include but are not limited to.
- Technology strategy and planning.
- Deciding which technologies, tools, platforms, infrastructure, libraries and languages we use and how they are implemented.
- Leading, managing and coaching technical team members.
- System architecture and administration.
- Odds data system.
- Information security.
- Backup and disaster recovery.
- Project management.
- Liaise with partners and providers on technical matters.
- User experience.
- Web development.
- Internal and marketing emails.
- Technical recruiting.
- Stay up-to-date with web, information security and affiliate marketing technologies and best practices and react accordingly.
Core skills and experience
- Leading, managing and coaching developers.
- Linux system administration and architecture.
- Scrapy web scraping.
- Pandas data processing.
- MySQL and MongoDB.
- Celery task scheduling.
- Flask microservices.
- Git version control.
Desired skills and experiences
- Email marketing with subscription, email templates and sending.
- Sports, betting and crypto 🙂
Pay and conditions
Time commitment is full time. The right candidate could start out part time then ramp up to full time as you roll off other projects.
You will work remotely on any days of the week and any time of the day you like. You will report directly to the CEO who is also technical.
Compensation will be denominated in USDs plus profit share, plus bonuses for meeting key performance indicator targets.
BitEdge is a small team of web, crypto and sports betting enthusiasts. BitEdge has been operating profitably since 2013.
We maintain a hack free development environment with high code and documentation standards. We value clean, semantic, human readable code, modular architecture and testing. We value frank and open feedback and code review.
More information can be found on our about us page or by browsing around this site.
Thanks for your consideration, we hope to hear from you soon.