- All players contribute a buyin to the prize pool.
- Each player picks 1 team to win every week.
- If that pic wins the player survives until the next week.
- If that pick loses the player is eliminated.
- Each player can only pic each team once during the season.
- The winner is the player who survives the longest into the season without picking a loser.
There are few cool things about the way Nitrogen have set up their NFL survivor pools
- There are 8 pools, one to suit every budget with buyins from 0 up to 1000 m฿.
- Even the free pool has a 250 m฿ prize guaranteed!
- Someone will win every pool. You don’t have to last to the end of the season, just longer than other players.
- The pools are 0% house edge, Nitrogen is taking no hosting fee or cut! All buyins will be payed to the winner with no withdrawal requirements..
The full details, the number of entrants and the guaranteed prizes in each pool can be seen here.
Note that you can have more than one entry per pool (except in the free pools) so you can run multiple strategies simultaneously.
Pick the shortest price favorite available every week
This strategy is problematic at the start of the season for 2 main reasons;
- Many other players will be making the same picks meaning the only way you survive is along with a lot of other players.
- If you survive until halfway through the season you will start to run out of good picks because you will have already picked all the top teams in previous weeks.
However if you get down to the last 2 players in a pool picking the shortest price favorite available makes a lot of sense because you have a good chance of winning just by surviving the next week.
Pick based on chance to win and value to hold
I run a strategy with multiple entries in single pools and picks based on a combination of how likely a team is to win and how valuable a team is to keep available for future weeks.
The oddsmakers know more about NFL and the matchups than I do so the odds for each game tell me all I need to know about how likely a team is to win that week. The odds for the super bowl winner tell me about how valuable a team is to keep available for future weeks.
I bet on favorites but not necessarily the shortest priced favorite every week because if the shortest priced favorite is one of the top teams in the league it might be better to keep that team available to pick later in the season.
Each week I identify a handful of favorites that are around the same odds and pick the one that is least valuable to hang on to as a pick for later. This pick has the same chance of winning that week as the better teams and I lose less equity by losing this pick as an available pick in the future.
For the first half of the season I judge how valuable a team is to keep available for future weeks based on the odds for that team to win the super bowl. Later in the season I also consider each team’s opponents for the remaining games.
You can follow my entries as number 189. Better still enter yourself and take me on! Good luck and have fun.
I won 40,280 m฿ across the 5 pools I entered! A huge success that you or I could replicate next season.
Due to time constraints I did not participate this year 🙁
I entered 3 free pools
- Nitrogen’s social media pool.
- Exclusive BitEdge pool
- Free pool
I bombed out in every one! hahaha, I can’t even say there were too manny other entrants, my pics just did not work out at all.
Exclusive free pool for BitEdge visitors
BitEdge’s exclusive fee pool that we ran in the past is taking a year off in 2018. We hope to bring it back in 2019 and beyond (request this from Nitrogen if you want it to happen). For this year it’s easy to join Nitrogen’s free social media pool as per this tweet.
Let's celebrate the football season with an exclusive pool for our FB/Twitter/BitcoinTalk followers!
*Players will see pool once inputted manually pic.twitter.com/0bIr57isVL
— Nitrogen Sports (@NitrogenSports) August 3, 2018