Crypto poker offers numerous casino-style games, where bets may be made using cryptocurrency rather than fiat currency, which enhances efficiency, convenience, and anonymity. Crypto poker games have emerged as a new favorite in the online entertainment category. As the name suggests, crypto poker provides thousands of casino-like games online, where instead of fiat money, players can use cryptocurrencies to place bets. This is a blockchain-supported system that provides anonymity to the users.
Crypto poker gives similar enjoyment and benefits to traditional poker games. However, it’s more convenient, and accessible as players can participate from anywhere. Moreover, the registration and reward withdrawal process is more efficient than fiat currency-based betting systems. Additionally, crypto poker also offers lucrative bonuses in the form of cryptocurrency rewards and cashback that is missing from traditional poker. Best practices while playing crypto poker include figuring out the odds and bluffing accordingly. There should be a focus on the player’s mental strength, a long-term approach to sustain in the game, and an understanding of your own hand.
Top 5 Crypto Poker Sites Compared
Available Bonuses for Poker Games
Stake provides a 200% match bonus to its new players. The users need to avail of it fast, as they need to make their first deposit within 24 hours of registration to be able to get the bonus. However, there’s also a minimum limit on the deposit. The wagering requirement for the bonus is 40x. Stake also has a system called Rakeback, where you would get some coins back for every bet you make.
After making these observations, we think that Stake offers a great chance to have a 200% match deposit bonus for users who are looking to start immediately after registration. However, users need to be very proactive to claim it as any delay would lead to getting nothing.
It provides a 100% first deposit bonus to new users, up to 5 BTC and 200 free spins. When the users make their first deposit, the platform will match it with the same amount where they can get up to 10 BTC, if they deposit 5 BTC. Users can get access to this bonus after participating in crypto games on the platform. Cloudbet also has a free spin system known as ‘the Free Spin Tuesdays’, and a loyalty program, which offers lucrative bonuses to loyal users. Cloudbet’s wagering requirement in bonuses is 365 days, during which the users can earn the bonus after initially activating it.
We have concluded that Cloudbet offers good bonus opportunities. As long as the player is depositing a good amount, Cloudbet will reward them for the same by matching it (up to 5 BTC). The wagering requirement is also fair.
Bets.io provides a 100% match first deposit bonus of up to 1 BTC. The Bonus Code for it is “BETSFTD.” Moreover, the platform also gives 100 free spins to new users. The wagering requirement for this bonus is 40x in 14 days. Bets.io also provides weekly cashback according to the players’ loyalty levels and deposits. Additionally, there’s a daily cashback offer where a user can get up to 20% in cashback, depending on the amount deposited. Lastly, users also get free spins on Wednesdays, after making a deposit.
In our opinion, Bets.io offers a wide variety of bonuses to its users that make it an exciting platform to play on. Regular proactive players can gain a lot from this platform.
Vave Casino offers a new user bonus where they get a 100% match first deposit bonus of up to $100. Moreover, they get 100 free spins on the game ‘Lady Wolf Moon Megaways.’ Out of these 100 free spins, 50 are provided immediately while the rest are credited after 24 hours of registration. This bonus has a wagering requirement that is 40x. Vave Casino also provides additional benefits through its VIP program, which has 18 levels and bonuses up to $100,000.
Vave Casino’s bonuses are similar to other platforms. However, its VIP program can become a huge asset for long-term members.
On the BC.Game platform, new users can expect a 180% match first deposit bonus upon registering. If they make the deposit within 20 minutes of registration, this bonus can extend up to 300%, provided the deposit is over $10. The bonus is activated by using the code “NEWBONUS”. BC.Game also has a VIP club that handsomely rewards its regular players. It also offers BCD rewards, where, for every $400 that you wager online, you’ll be eligible to receive 1 BCD from the platform.
We think that BC.Game provides exciting bonuses and if users are aware of them, they can regularly gain from the platform. Moreover, it’s great for players looking to start immediately after registration, as their bonus can grow multifold.
Which Crypto Poker Site offers the best bonuses?
In terms of new user bonus amounts, Stake and BC.Game offer big numbers to the players and if leveraged properly, it can become a huge asset. Cloudbet’s bonus is another one that requires less effort from the users, as compared to Stake, but still provides a handsome reward opportunity. In terms of bonus variety, Bets.io is a great option as besides the usual bonuses, it also offers a daily bonus chance, which can be a perfect attraction for regular players.
- The available poker games on Stake are Caribbean Stud Poker, Casino Hold’em Poker, Casino Hold’em (Live), Extreme Texas Hold’em, Side Bet City, and Three Card Poker.
- Poker games are provably fair on Stake.
- Live casino is available on the platform.
- Cloudbet has poker games like Texas Hold’em, Caribbean Stud Poker, Pai Gow Poker, Caribbean Poker, etc.
- Cloudbet poker games are provably fair.
- Live casino is available on Cloudbet.
- Bets.io has various poker games like Caribbean Poker, Caribbean Stud Poker, Poker Teen Patti, American Poker Gold, Bonus Poker, etc.
- The poker games on Bets.io are provably fair.
- Live casino is available.
- The platform has Poker games like Caribbean Poker, Poker Lobby, Oasis Poker, Triple Edge Poker, Teen Patti, Caribbean Stud Poker etc.
- Poker games are provably fair.
- Live casino is available.
- BC.Game has poker games like Omaha, Texas Hold’em, Joker Poker, Omaha Hi/Lo, Five Card Draw, Heads Up etc.
- The poker games on this platform are provably fair.
- The platform has a live casino
- Accepted cryptos – BTC, ETH, LTC, XRP, DOGE, TRX, EOS, BCH
- Stake charges a small fee on withdrawals that differs for each cryptocurrency.
- Stake has a minimum deposit limit of $5. To avail of the first deposit bonus, the minimum deposit must be $100.
- There is no max withdrawal limit on Stake
- Most payouts are instant on Stake, but may take up to a day.
- Accepted cryptos – BTC, ETH, BCH, USDT, USDC, PAX, PAXG, LINK, DAI, DASH, DOGE, and LTC
- Cloudbet charges up to 5% on handling all withdrawals and deposits.
- Cloudbet has a minimum deposit limit of 0.01 BTC to avail its welcome bonus of up to 5 BTC.
- There is no max withdrawal limit on Cloudbet.
- Payout time ranges from being instant to taking a day.
- Accepted cryptos – BTC, ETH, DOGE, BCH, LTC, USDT, XRP, TRX, ADA, BNB, USDC, and BUSD
- Bets.io doesn’t charge fees on withdrawals or deposits but it could charge a monthly administrative fee of USDT 10 on an inactive player’s account. They may also charge fees when the deposited amount isn’t wagered 3 times.
- The minimum deposit limit for the platform is 0.0006 BTC, or equivalent.
- The max withdrawal limit per transaction is 1 BTC, or equivalent in other cryptos.
- Payout time depends on the amount but is usually processed within 10 minutes.
- Accepted cryptos – BTC, ETH, LTC, USDT
- The minimum deposit limit on the platform is $20, be it in crypto or fiat.
- There is no max withdrawal limit on Vave Casino.
- The withdrawal amount is usually processed within an hour.
- Accepted cryptos – BTC, BCH, LTC, ETH, XRP, DOGE, TRX, DOT, BNB, AVAX, SOL, MATIC, FTM, ADA
- BC.Game doesn’t charge fees for deposits or maintenance.
- There is no minimum deposit limit on BC.Game. However, to make a withdrawal, users must have a deposit of at least 0.002 BTC. Additionally, to avail of the first deposit bonus, the minimum deposit to get a 100% match is $80.
- There is no max withdrawal limit on BC.Game.
- The withdrawal is completed within an hour.
General Information & License
- Founded in 2017
- Languages – English, Deutsch, Indonesian, Filipino, French, Spanish, Turkish, Polish, Vietnamese, Russian, Chinese, Portuguese, Japanese, and Korean
- Licensed under Medium Rare NV
- Reputation – 9.4/10
- Founded in 2013
- Languages – 17 languages including English, Spanish, German, Italian, French and Japanese
- Licensed under E-Gambling Montenegro and Curaçao eGaming
- Reputation – 9.2/10
- Founded in 2021
- Languages – English, Spanish, French, Arabic, Turk, Chinese and Dutch
- Licensed under Curaçao eGaming
- Reputation – 8.9/10
- Founded in 2022
- Languages – Dutch, English, Spanish, Greek, French, Italian, Portuguese, Russian
- Licensed under Curaçao eGaming
- Reputation – 8.9/10
- Founded in 2017
- Languages – 14 languages including English, French, Portuguese, Indonesian, Russian, Vietnamese, Korean, and Spanish
- Licensed under Curaçao eGaming
- Reputation – 8.9/10
Being one of the oldest crypto poker websites, Stake has a great reputation for its security, and is licensed by trusted sources. To date, there have been no issues regarding the security of this platform.
Cloudbet uses the SSL data encryption method, which keeps the user accounts secure. Additionally, Cloudbet is licensed by both E-Gambling Montenegro and Curaçao eGaming, which are major names in the industry. Thus, the platform has great security.
Being licensed under reputed Curacao, and managed by TechOptions Group B.V., the platform is protected by industry standards despite being new. There hasn’t been any compromising situation for the company yet. So, users can be sure about the platform’s security.
BC.Game is a reputed platform licensed by Curaçao eGaming. The users’ accounts have 2-factor authentication, which further secures them. There have been no issues regarding the security of the platform yet. Thus, players can trust this platform.
- This platform is not anonymous and thus, personal identification documents are required.
- The registration process only requires email and password. However, the next process is account verification.
- For verification, users must provide a copy of their national ID card, passport (or driver’s license), and proof of address, to customer service. Stake accepts bank or utility bills from the past three months as proof of address. The account is verified within 1-3 days.
- Cloudbet requires an email and password for the registration process.
- Later, users need to put their Name and Date of Birth and add funds to their account to start playing.
- Cloudbet doesn’t ask users to verify their accounts with personal details and documents. Hence, it is anonymous.
- Users can play on this platform without completing the KYC (Know Your Customer) process. Only email and password are needed for registration.
- However, when a user exceeds a lifetime total of deposits worth EUR 2000, or equivalent, it is compulsory for them to complete the KYC process.
- KYC is required to make withdrawals from the platform as well.
- For this process, the following documents are required:
- A government. issued photo ID, a selfie while holding the ID, Bank statement, Proof of residence
- Vave Casino provides anonymity to users as verification of the account is not required.
- While registering, users only need an email and password. Once the user ticks the box to confirm that they are over 18 years old, the account is made active.
- Even while withdrawing, there is no need for verification. However, if the security team of Vave Casino suspects that a user is going against their guidelines, they may ask for verification.
- BC.Game is not an anonymous platform and requires users to confirm their identity.
- New users can register using their first and last names, date of birth, and email.
- To further verify their account, users need to send a copy of an identification document (front and back) to [email protected]
An Introduction to Crypto Poker
Crypto poker is a fairly new concept, and introduces cryptocurrencies as the primary financial medium for transactions in online poker, instead of using fiat currencies. While playing online poker, players won’t need to depend on the regulations set by their geographical and financial authorities. They can simply use crypto to fund their poker accounts and enjoy anonymity. There is a broad array of crypto poker platforms to choose from. While some casinos offer live and video poker, crypto dApps and exclusive crypto poker sites are also available. Additionally, a majority of crypto poker websites reward their users with sign-up and deposit bonuses, which can increase significantly with loyalty tier systems when the user is regular on the platform. There are various types of poker sites, ranging from well-known classics to up-and-coming variations, exclusive poker sites, and dApps. Based on our extensive review, we have collated five sites that are worth trying. This article will explore and review the best sites for crypto poker and make it easier for you to understand the difference between each, and make the right choice.
Crypto Poker Vs. Traditional Poker
- While traditional poker requires users to be physically present in a casino, crypto poker allows users to access it from anywhere, at any given time.
- The lucrative bonuses are only available on crypto poker, whereas traditional poker offers no such benefits, and usually results in losses for new players.
- Through some crypto poker platforms, new players can even place free bets and spins without using a penny of their own. On the other hand, traditional poker always requires staking real money to start playing and suffering the consequences of any losses.
- Table limits and minimum bets are often higher in traditional poker, compared to crypto poker.
- Traditional poker requires fiat currencies, which means that governmental and banking authorities will always know about your gambling participation. Crypto poker is anonymous, and many platforms don’t even require your real name.
What are the Benefits of Using Crypto in Online Poker?
With online crypto poker, players won’t need to physically show up in a casino to be able to play. They can access these platforms from anywhere, and at any time of the day.
Cryptos are anonymous, and when used while playing poker, it gives complete anonymity to the users, as their transactions through cryptocurrencies can’t be traced back to them unless the platform asks for verification.
Crypto is itself a decentralized network, and using it in online poker allows users to leverage the same. Thus, there is no intermediation between authorities and banks, and players have an equal chance to participate and win in the games.
Cryptocurrencies have a far lesser transaction cost compared to fiat currencies. Moreover, there is no middle-men cost in processing these payments. Lastly, some crypto poker platforms don’t charge deposit or withdrawal fees, making it more economical.
With a large variety of games, crypto poker offers many easier games for new users. Thus, a user doesn’t need to be an expert to participate in a game. Some platforms also offer free bets and spin with crypto which removes the entry barrier for players.
A trusted crypto poker site is usually provably fair. Thus, each wager’s outcome at a provably fair casino is the product of a collaborative effort, negating the casino’s total control over random number generation. With crypto’s blockchain technology in place, all of the processes are very secure, which adds to the fairness of the platform.
Lesser Geographical Limitations
In some areas, where gambling membership is not allowed, the banks will get to know if someone tries to partake in gambling, and can also freeze the account. By using crypto, players can be free from such geographical bounds of the fiat currency systems.
What are the Drawbacks of Using Crypto in Online Poker?
Once a transaction is made through crypto, it is forever recorded on the blockchain system. Thus, there is no way to change (or reverse) a transaction once made. Hence, transaction finality becomes a problem while using crypto in online poker.
Steep Learning Curve
Poker itself requires a lot of learning before any results start to show. If crypto is added to the space, users who are unfamiliar with crypto would stray further from participating. They need to learn about crypto, as well as poker, to enter the world of crypto poker. Hence, there’s a steep learning curve.
The crypto industry is highly volatile with prices soaring and falling every day. This makes it risky to use crypto as a financial medium in online poker as the values can drastically change at any time, which can result in a huge profit or loss.
What to Consider when Choosing a Crypto Poker Site
The security of a crypto poker platform is the single most important thing to consider. There is no governmental intervention in these decentralized networks, and thus users should make sure that the platform is trustworthy and facilitates safe payments. A license from a reputed source and great public opinion are good indicators of a platform’s security.
All the poker sites that we mentioned earlier are safe to use and licensed. Stake is the most trusted platform so far.
Selection of Poker Games
This is an obvious pointer when choosing a crypto poker site. A user should evaluate the type and range of games that a platform offers and whether it caters to their interests or not. Users should also search whether the games on the platforms are provably fair, as otherwise, the user will not have a chance at winning. Thus, unfair games would result in the users losing significant money.
Our research suggests that Vave Casino offers the best variety of games while also being provably fair.
Fast Deposits & Withdrawals
Most crypto poker websites offer fast deposit and withdrawal processes. However, users should still look into this, and evaluate which website they trust best in this domain.
We think that Stake and Cloudbet are good options to consider for this section.
Crypto Promotions and Bonuses
A huge part of the crypto poker space is bonuses. Various platforms attract users with exciting bonuses and promotions that promise huge benefits. However, there are also wagering requirements on these bonuses that players shouldn’t overlook. A new user should evaluate the rewards on different platforms, and choose the one that seems right to them.
In our opinion, Bets.io offers great bonuses and rewards to its users, as compared to the others.
Low Transaction Fees
Some crypto poker platforms charge high transaction fees, which can be a problem for some users. There are also sites that charge no fees on deposits or withdrawals. Thus, a user should go through these guidelines before making an account on a platform.
BC.Game is the best option, in our opinion, as it has no fee for withdrawals and deposits.
How to Start Playing on Bitcoin & Crypto Poker Sites?
- As a first step, users need to pick a poker site according to their needs. They can assess it by using the pointers mentioned in the previous section.
- After choosing a site, they need to register on the platform. While the process can differ from platform to platform, it usually requires signing up with an email, and sometimes requires bonus codes and some personal details.
- Next, they need to verify their accounts if it is required by the platform. It usually requires submitting government-issued IDs and bank proofs.
- If no verification is needed, users can make their first deposit with a cryptocurrency of their choice. Some platforms have BTC as the primary cryptocurrency, and users need to convert their crypto into BTC to make the deposit.
- After making their deposit, users are free to participate in any game of their choice on the platform. Please note that the minimum amount that a new user can deposit on a platform varies. There are also different minimum deposit amounts if a user wishes to redeem a welcome bonus. Thus, a user must review the requirements and deposit accordingly.
Crypto Poker Strategies
Play Fewer Hands but Bet More Aggressively
Best poker players always play fewer hands but bet more aggressively. There’s sometimes a maximum limit on how many times a player can play a hand. In this case, playing many flop hands would only be detrimental to the game.
Use Their Draws to Bluff Aggressively
Bluffing with a strategy in mind is essential as playing with nothing in hand can result in serious losses. Bluffs frequently take the form of straight draws, flush draws, etc. These examples may be used by players to learn the bluffing technique, and develop the best hand at the poker table.
Fold When in Doubt
An experienced poker player isn’t afraid to fold, which is a mistake that many novice players commit. When there’s a doubt about whether to call or raise a bet, players should not shy away from folding.
Take a Long-Term Approach
Players should always take a long-term approach to the game and avoid making bad bets to cover up their recent losses. This is a mistake that many novice players make, and they end up losing even more money. It is a good strategy to think long-term about the game and make moves accordingly.
Never Ignore Their Mental Strength
Poker is a game of mental strength. Players usually make the worst mistakes when their minds are cluttered and stressed. Believing in, and strengthening the mental capacity of a player will work wonders in crypto poker games.
Play only the Strongest Hands
Playing a hand that has moderate strength is not a good idea. Players with experience always follow a strategy and play a few hands that contribute to their victory. Thus, playing only the strongest hands can be a good strategy to win in crypto poker.
Know when to Bluff
Players should develop a sense of bluffing at the right time. They should know which hands are worth bluffing, and which are not. Bluffing at the wrong time will never prove to be fruitful. Through practice, players can get better at bluffing at the right time.
Skip Bluffing Altogether
Many people are bad at bluffing, which often makes them lose. In a game where bluffing is almost always expected, it can be a good strategy to not bluff at all, and catch your opponent by surprise. They can falter when they think you are bluffing, and it can increase your chance of winning.
Always Look at the Odds
Players should always look at the odds when playing a hand. When they have a lesser probability of a desired outcome, they should assess the odds appropriately, and play accordingly.
Bitcoin Video Poker Vs Live Poker
- Live poker requires real players to face each other while in video poker, the user plays with the machine.
- It is said that video poker is basically a game of chance whereas live poker is a game of skill. In video poker, there are mechanically calculated moves against you, and you need to outplay the machine. On the other hand, live poker requires the skill of studying the opponents, their moves, and their mistakes, deceiving them, and basically playing a mind game to make them lose.
- You can’t use similar strategies for both video and live poker as the opponent is very different.
- Live poker can determine and vary the betting limits according to the situation whereas video poker has a calculated set of bets.
- Video poker has a progressive jackpot variant that allows players to win huge amounts of money. However, this is absent from live poker.
Best Crypto Poker Games
Jacks or Better
Jacks or Better is a popular game and a simpler poker variant. In this game, the player chooses the cards to hold or discard, which is based on a five-card draw. Depending on the final poker hand, the player will receive money. The royal flush pays the most in this game, while a pair of jacks pays the least. Practicing this game can lead to a better experience in other poker games for new players.
This is another version of video poker where all twos are wild cards. As a result, twos in a hand may take the place of any other card. Thus, players may be able to make a better hand by holding deuces.
Progressive Jackpot Video Poker
Progressive Jackpot Video Poker gives an opportunity to win a large amount of money. It provides a dynamic payout for the highest-paying hand in the game, which is the royal flush. Progressive video poker enables increasing payouts, and the payment keeps increasing until someone strikes it. It then restarts at the 4,000 coin level.
The gameplay of Bonus Poker is akin to that of the Jacks or Better. The Bonus Poker machine’s screen updates to display your current credit balance when you insert cash. Next, you decide how many coins—from one to five—you want to use to play. The game has additional payouts for a 4 of a Kind, and the rank of the cards in the hand determines how much of a bonus is awarded.
This is another kind of a Jacks or Better variant. Also known as Joker Wild, this game has an additional card, the joker card, which is also the wild card. You will have a better chance of getting a stronger poker hand—and ideally a winning hand—if the Wild Joker card is present.
Crypto Poker Site Betting Bonuses
This is a very popular kind of bonus on crypto poker sites. It operates such that, when a user deposits some crypto amount on the platform, it matches the same amount in an added bonus. This encourages users to deposit more on the platform, and participate in the games, to get an additional monetary benefit. All major crypto poker platforms employ some kind of match bonus.
This bonus lets players place bets without risking their money. By providing free bets, players have increased trust in the platform, and can explore the games without the fear of losing money.
This is also a common bonus where free spins are provided to players. They are sometimes an added welcome bonus, while they can also be a weekly or monthly reward to users. They are usually applicable in slot games.
This is one of the most valuable bonuses to crypto poker players. By getting poker chips as rewards, players get a chance to try their hand at poker for free. It enables poker players to participate without investing their money to purchase chips.
No Deposit Bonuses
This bonus is difficult to find as it allows players to get started with playing games without investing any money into the platform. Thus, the platform provides users with a bonus without any deposit, which players can use to play and win the games.
To conclude, crypto poker is an innovative and efficient addition to the gambling world. It makes it simple to participate from anywhere while also securing users’ identities. There are many factors that a new user should consider before making an account on a crypto poker platform including security, bonuses, games, etc. There are disparate games that these platforms offer, including live poker. Players should employ the best strategies and have a clear mind while playing to improve their chances of winning. Crypto poker is an emerging industry and is here to stay.
-Where is crypto poker heading?
Crypto poker has a bright future ahead. With Web3 development, everything is heading towards decentralization, and poker is no exception. Its features and benefits continue to attract users and its user base will grow further in the future.
-Are there any advantages to using Bitcoin for online poker?
Bitcoin is the most popular cryptocurrency and is widely available across platforms. Some crypto poker platforms use BTC as the only payment option, while other cryptos need to be converted to BTC. Thus, it is good to use Bitcoin for online poker.
-Why do gamblers love bitcoin poker?
Gamblers enjoy anonymity, accessibility, and lucrative bonuses with bitcoin poker, which is missing from traditional poker.
-What are the risks of playing crypto poker?
Crypto is a highly volatile market and price variations can greatly affect the winning or losing amount in crypto poker. Further, a transaction once made through crypto is final, and can’t be reversed.
-What are the odds of winning in crypto poker?
Winning in crypto poker depends on various factors including skills and luck. With more practice and using the right strategies, players can expect to win in crypto poker.
-What are the most common mistakes made by crypto poker players?
The most common mistakes made by crypto poker players are bluffing at the wrong time, not knowing when to fold, and not taking a long-term approach to the game.