Correct score betting is a straightforward bet type that requires bettors to predict the exact full-time score of a soccer match. Correct score bets are popular due to their long odds that reflect the relatively low probabilities of predicting the correct score.
Placing a Correct Score Bet
The correct score market pictured below is for a game which is expected to be low scoring, and the home team (the first number in the #:#) is favored to win. So you’ll notice that the smallest odds are for selections where the home team wins with the least amount of goals. For Team A to win by a score of 1-0, you’ll get odds of 4.5 while Team B winning 0-3 had odds of 100.
In contrast for the correct score market pictured below the home team is a bigger favorite and it is expected to be a high-scoring game. Also note the option to bet on any-other-score is the shortest odds of all, which will win if either team score more than 4 goals (more on any-other-score bets below).
How to Predict the Correct Score
Ordinarily, there’s a small window of potential scores that frequently result in winning bets. This is seen time and time again with the 1-0 and its converse score 0-1 accounting for the most common match results across several leagues.
However, the trend has shifted in the World Cup with several upsets and high scores affecting the percentage of low-scoring matches. The last 2 World Cups delivered the following results: Doing research ensures that you have a firm grasp of what to expect from the two teams that are going to face each other. We advise breaking the prediction process down into a series of steps:
- Decide which team will be the likely winner by checking the 1×2 odds.
- Consider whether both teams are likely to score by checking both teams’ score odds.
- Figure out what you think the total will be by looking at the total goals odds.
Then combine these 3 pieces of data to predict what you think the correct score will be and check the odds on that selection.
High-scoring matches vs low-scoring matches
Considering the above-mentioned steps can help you make a more accurate prediction. For example, if you analyze an upcoming match and deduce that Team A is likely to win, that both teams will score, and there will be over 2.5 goals and less than 4.5 goals (in other words there will be 3 or 4 goals scored) it allows you to narrow down the correct score.
After following the process you’re left with a set of likely outcomes that include scores of 2-1 or 3-1. In this way, you have narrowed down the options for the potential final score.
It’s even easier to bet on matches that you anticipate will be low-scoring and where you expect a team to keep a clean sheet. These types of matches offer fewer likely permutations.
Low-scoring matches include final scores of 0-0, 1-0, 0-1, and 1-1 which only leaves you with 4 likely results. While a clean sheet for one team leaves you with a likely final score of 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, or 4-0.
Picking the any-other-score option
Sportsbooks such as Stake and Trustdice feature the ‘other’ correct score selection which covers any score not listed as a possible selection.
These win if either team scores 5 goals or more. Which most often happens when a big favorite thrashes a big underdog. In those cases, the odds are relatively low. The any-other-score selection is a better value when 2 teams are perceived to be about even but one team unexpectedly thrashes the other, such as Germany’s famous 7-1 win over Brazil.
More Variables to Consider
When doing your research you can check past correct score results and look for any notable trends. Furthermore, you should also analyze:
- Both teams’ current form.
- Recent head-to-head results.
- Team news, injuries and suspensions.
- Defensive and offensive strengths.
Hedge your Bets
If you’re feeling confident about your research and predict either
- A low-scoring win-to-nil
- A draw
- a clean sheet
You can place up to 4 single bets on different correct scores and the winning return minus the losing bets will still be profitable!
Hedging your bets gives you a better chance of winning, especially when predicting the correct score which in itself is a tough bet to land. With the long odds on offer, you’ll be able to place multiple bets and still turn a profit if one of your bets is successful.
Sportsbooks with the Best Odds for the World Cup
- Instant withdrawals
- Lots of promos
- High payouts
- Safe and secure
- No fiat currencies
- No VIP and loyalty program
- Fast payouts for crypto players
- Excellent range of poker games and events
- Virtual sports selection is superb
- Excellent welcome bonus, with a crypto option
- No sports or eSports options
- No live chat available
- Over 30 sports market
- European and Asian view
- Cryptocurrency accepted
- Few country restrictions
- No sportsbook promotions
- Absence of VIP/Loyalty program
- Superb free bet welcome bonus
- Accepts crypto as a payment method
- Features plenty of sports and markets
- Lots of different countries can play at Bruce Pokies
- Unknown operator and no license
- Maximum winnings of $50,000
- No live chat
- Good range of cryptos.
- Good privacy.
- Good odds.
- Bad customer service.
- Buggy and unreliable.
- Bad mobile experience.
- Responsive 24/7 support
- Accepts crypto
- Holds a Curaçao license
- User-friendly interface
- No mobile app for iOS users
- Restricted in some countries
- Fantastic sports welcome bonus
- Excellent crypto payment choices
- Huge range of sports betting markets
- Lots of crypto casino gaming options
- No mobile app
- Big choice of different welcome bonuses
- Large selection of sports and markets
- Most popular cryptocurrencies available
- Fast payouts on withdrawals
- A minimum withdrawal amount of $50
- Lots of promos and offers
- High betting limits
- Attractive bonuses
- Unreliable customer support
- Thousands of betting markets across more than 30+sports
- Industry-leading odds
- Instant account opening
- No live streaming
- Live streaming
- Great VIP program
- High payouts
- Low transaction limits
- It has an excellent choice of cryptocurrencies
- Superb live chat and other support options
- The responsible gaming provisions are some of the best around
- Over 4,000 crypto casino games available to play
- A newer site so doesn’t have a track record
- The overround is quite high
- Generous welcome offer
- Wide range of markets for sports
- Great VIP program
- Generous welcome offers
- No dedicated mobile app
- Fast and secure deposits and withdrawals
- 24/7 customer support
- Multiple crypto options
- Multi-lingual support
- No welcome bonus
- Stylish and intuitive website
- Strong customer support department
- Supports crypto and fiat
- Many country restrictions
- No welcome bonus
- Multiple payment options
- Zero cost crypto transactions
- Reputable owner
- Falls short on bonuses
- Solid choice of cryptocurrencies for betting
- Players can use multiple cryptocurrencies on a single account
- Excellent selection of sports and betting markets
- Fast registration with easy access
- Live support sometimes uses a chatbot to communicate with players
- Withdrawal limits are pretty low
- Great choice of sports betting markets
- Innovative promotion system
- Overround is excellent for Premier League betting
- Staking and mining is available
- Lots of countries prohibited from playing
- No traditional welcome bonus for sports players
- Has a good choice of cryptocurrencies available
- An incredible range of bonuses and promotions
- Innovative and fun VIP program
- One of the best selections of sports on the market
- Low withdrawal limits for new players
- Responsible gaming options are limited
Find the Best Odds
Discovering the best odds can often be a difficult task to carry out. This is why it’s important to look over the different sportsbook options to see who can offer you the best odds at any one time. Our list of crypto sportsbook reviews gives you access to the best collection of crypto sportsbooks on the market at the moment. This will help you to get just a little bit more from your betting choices.